About the Gathering
Held every 3 years since 1980, the LCMS Youth Gathering provides thousands of youth and adults the opportunity to come together as a community of God’s people to be encouraged in their walk with Jesus Christ and learn about the Christian faith and their Lutheran identity.
The Gathering is more than the five days of the event. The preparation process for the Gathering brings together young people and supportive adults to encourage each other in their baptismal identity. The Gathering provides young people a vision for the vastness of Christ’s Church and equips them for vocational service as they continue their walk with Jesus.
- Youth Gatherings proclaim the Lordship of Jesus Christ and God’s saving grace to His people through Christ. In this setting, young people grow in their personal relationship with God and grow in their fellowship of Word and Sacrament in Christ’s Church.
- Youth Gatherings are a vehicle by which the Church reaches out to, cares for and affirms young people, both churched and unchurched.
- Youth Gatherings equip youth and adults for ministry and vocational service in a variety of settings in their congregations, communities, and world.
- Youth Gatherings affirm, equip, and support adults who work with young people.
- Youth Gatherings celebrate the meaning of Christian joy in all of life’s situations, including transitions and crisis.
- Youth Gatherings recognize and affirm the diversity of God’s people
- Youth Gatherings affirm, support, and promote the ministry of LCMS Districts and congregations.