Young Adult Volunteer Corps
Thank you to all who applied.
The Young Adult Volunteers (YAV) Corps plays a major role in making the Gathering a successful and memorable experience. YAVs serve as role models for the teen participants while working in specific areas of the Gathering. Areas of service include Experiential Learning Floor, Dome Events, Interest Centers (workshops), Bible Study, Traffic/Safety Support, Hotel/Night Life and Servant Events.
- Be 19-25 years old at the time of the Gathering and at least one year out of high school.
- Have a willingness to serve as well as a commitment to perform specific volunteer tasks
- Be able to arrive in New Orleans on Thursday, July 14, 2016 by 4:00 pm.
- Be able to attend mandatory training July 14 starting at 7:00 pm and all day on Friday, July 15, 2016
- Be available throughout the entire Gathering, July 16 -20, 2016.
- Be willing to complete a Criminal Background Check if over the age of 21 on or before January 1, 2016.
If accepted to serve as a member of the Young Adult Volunteer Corps at the 2016 LCMS Youth Gathering, you will be responsible for the following:
- Registration fee of $325 which covers housing, program costs and some meals.
- Transportation to and from New Orleans, LA.
- Arrival in New Orleans by 4:00 pm on Thursday, July 14, 2016, and staying through Wednesday, July 20 until about 3:00 pm.
- Some meals â specific information will be provided at a later date.
The Gathering will provide the following:
- Hotel accommodations (covered by registration fee), with check-in on Thursday, July 14, 2016 and check-out on Wednesday, July 20, 2016.
- YAV training and materials.
- Some meals.
Questions? Email us at email@example.com.