After a day of Morning Sessions, Servant Events, Sessions, and Service Immersions, we know that it can be a challenge to coordinate dinner for your youth group before heading to an evening Mass Event. That’s why we’re excited to offer some delicious food options to ease your dinnertime burden!
The State fair in Minnesota is called “The Great Minnesota get-together” and is the second largest state fair in the country. State Fair Food at the Commons will offer you three meal options, each with a bit of State Fair flair! These meals will be served at The Commons, an urban park located just steps away from U.S. Bank Stadium. In order to ensure as speedy, efficient, and convenient an experience as possible, and to help you make it to the Mass Events in time, these meals will be available for pre-order only. No on-site ticket sales will be available. Deadline to purchase tickets is June 24.
DATES: State Fair Food at the Commons will be available on Thursday, July 11; Friday, July 12; Saturday, July 13; and Sunday, July 14, 5:00-7:30 each night.
The 2019 Gathering 5K will be a run/walk to support our Feed My Starving Children goal of providing 1,000,000+ mealsfor those in need. Here are the highlights.
- The run will take place on Sunday, July 14 at 4 p.m. from the Convention Center through the streets of downtown Minneapolis to U.S. Bank Stadium.
- The cost is $30 per runner and includes a bib, timing chip and a T-shirt.
- Participants will gather outside of the Convention Center at 3:30 p.m. for a 4 p.m. race start.
- If a recorded time is not needed, check “No Timing” on your form and provide even more dollars toward meals.
- The registration link will stay open through June 24.
- There will be no registrations on-site. However, an Adult Leader will pick-up 5K registration materials (t-shirt, etc.) for your entire group at regular Gathering on-site registration.
- A credit card is needed to register your group.
There is no on-site registration. All participants must pre-register by June 24.
Airport Shuttle (PRA)
Round trip shuttle service from the Minneapolis-Saint Paul International Airport to the Minneapolis-Saint Paul area hotel within the LCMS hotel block.
Every two seconds, someone in the United States needs blood. Donate blood to benefit the health of others! Consent forms will need to be completed from those that are 16 years of age. No one under 16 years of age is eligible to donate. Schedule a time in Hall E or walk up for an appointment to save someone’s life!